Saturday, May 5, 2012

Mid-Meal Protein Shake. . .

A number of my patients have asked what I use personally as a protein supplement and whether I use protein shakes.  I've struggled to find a great tasting protein shake that does not contain any artificial sweeteners (see my article The Skinny On Sweeteners) that raise the insulin levels.  Most of the pre-prepared shakes (including the Adkins, EAS, Muscle Milk, and many others) will significantly slow weight loss and knock you out of ketosis due to an insulin response stimulated by drinking them.

My sweet wife just perfected our family's favorite high fat, low carbohydrate protein shake.  Oh, it's good and  it's filling.  You'll love it and you won't be hungry for at least 3-4 hours after savoring this sweet taste-bud sensation. 

This is a great shake for a mid-meal snack or a quick meal on the go.

Tiffini's Low Carb High Fat Protein Shake:
[One serving (~ 2 cups) is 4.5 grams of carbohydrate]

Blend to preferred texture. . . (may add more heavy whipping cream if it is still too thick). 
Enjoy!!


No comments: